Chief Medical Officer for Wales
This site contains information about the work of the Chief Medical Officer for Wales. It covers a wide range of public health, health promotion and health professional issues.
NHS Direct Wales
The NHS Direct Wales website contains a wide range of health information including details of dentists, pharmacies, sexual health clinics and support groups in your area as well an A-Z encyclopaedia of health.
Public Health Wales
Public Health Wales was established as an NHS Trust on 1 October 2009. It brings together the following organisations and services:
- Congenital Anomaly Register and Information Service (CARIS);
- National Public Health Service Wales (NPHS);
- Screening Services Wales - Antenatal Screening Wales, Breast Test Wales (BTW), Bowel Screening Wales (BSW), Cervical Screening Wales (CSW), Newborn Hearing Screening Wales;
- Wales Centre for Health; and
- Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit (WCISU).
- Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency Wales
FSA Wales aims to be trusted as Wales' most reliable source of advice and information about food. Its sphere of influence is 'from farm to fork' - in other words, from the point where food is grown or manufactured until it arrives on your plate. It seeks to put you, the Welsh consumer, first.
Health in Wales
Health in Wales is an online point of access to a number of services including:
- NHS Wales Directory
- Job vacancies and careers
- Public health
- Health watchdogs
- Health statistics and health publications
- NHS Wales e-library for health.
- Health in Wales (external link)
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
The CIEH is a registered charity and the professional voice for environmental health. It sets standards, accredits courses and qualifications for the education of members and other environmental health practitioners.
Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for developing and promoting sport and active lifestyles.